I have been doing a lot of research on polishing aluminum. The reason for this is there is a lot of shiny stuff on the Jeep Grand Wagoneer that needs polishing. This includes the bumpers, metal grill surround, window frames, as well as the wheels.
I need to do this to my Jeep rims. Here is what they looked like when I purchased the Jeep. Look good, but not like new. I will definitely have to give this a try!
If your rims are in need of some TLC, this is one of the best videos I have found to help explain the step by step process for making your wheels look brand new!
Here are the items you will want to buy for this project:
- Mothers Mag Wheel and Aluminum Polish – a little goes a long way. the 5oz. is all you need (usually)
- Mothers Power Cone (I have this and it’s great! It conforms to what you are polishing and makes the job so much easier)
- Dremel Tool
- Dremel 120 Grit Flapwheel
- Wet/Dry Sandpaper: 400 Grit, 600 Grit, 800 Grit, 1000 Grit, 2000 Grit
- Paint Striper (It is too expensive online, just go to Lowes or Home Depot for this…)
- Striper Neutralizer (Buy the neutralizer when you buy the striper at the hardware store)
- Clear Coat
Now let’s learn how to make your Jeep Grand Wagoneer wheels look like they did when they came from the factory.
Take a look…
Pretty impressive video. A special thanks to creator ChrisFix for putting this video out there to teach us how to make our rims look like new!
While you are making your rims look new, are your windows working right? If not check this out this video.
Keywords: Repair or Polish Jeep Grand Wagoneer Wheels, Grand Wagoneer Rims